Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) provide health care that is relationship-based with an emphasis on the whole person. Partnering with patients and their families requires understanding and respect for each patient’s unique needs, culture, values, and preferences. PCMH actively supports patients in learning to manage and organize their own care at the level the patient chooses. Recognizing that patients and families are core members of the care team, PCMH ensure that they are fully informed partners in establishing care plans.
Patient Centered Medical Homes Provide:
- Access to Care – Your primary care provider will develop a plan to maximize your health, after-hours coverage, Imaging, and Laboratory services.
- Care Management – The Care Coordinator for the Culbertson Clinics promotes wellness, population management, chronic disease management, patient education, and patient outreach for preventative screenings. She will provide a link between you and the rest of your care team.
Your Medical Home Can:
- Help you manage your healthcare
- Help answer your health questions
- Listen to your concerns
- Work with other medical experts in and out of our network of Providers
- Coordinate your care through additional services
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own healthcare
How Can You Get the Most out of Your Medical Home?
- Write down the names of your healthcare team and ask how to reach them after hours.
- Bring a list of written questions to your appointment to ask your care team during your visit.
- Talk with your team about what health issues are most important to you.
- Share your past healthcare successes and challenges.
- Before you leave an appointment, be sure you know what you need to do before your next appointment.
- Tell your team if you are having trouble with your care plan or your plan is not working
For more information on our patient centered medical home, please see our brochure.