Utilizing Evidence Based Medicine to Provide Advance Wound Care
Passavant Area Hospital’s Advanced Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine Satellite Clinic at Culbertson Memorial Hospital is a tri-specialty service dedicated to providing excellent and cutting-edge service to patients.
Wound Treatment and Types
The Wound Care Team utilizes standard wound care guidelines, providing a comprehensive approach to wound care.
We specialize in the treatment of acute and chronic wounds such as:
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Arterial Ulcers
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Complex soft tissue wounds
- Traumatic wounds / crush injuries
- Problematic surgical wounds
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT), located at Passavant Area Hospital in Jacksonville, is available as an adjunct therapy for patients. Treatments are provided weekdays in a multi-place chamber at Passavant. The patient may sit upright and have some freedom of movement. Most patients undergo 40 treatments, with each treatment lasting an average of two hours.
Satellite Clinic Benefits:
- Advanced Wound Care technology
- Improved standard of wound care across the hospital settings
- Keeping patients in the community
- Fosters multi-disciplinary departmental collaboration
What our Patients are Saying:
- “Nancy Chatham and staff provide courteous, knowledgeable, professional care. I am privileged to have their expertise tending to my wound.”
- “The staff was very kind, concerned and educated.”
- “I had an ulcer on my heel that would not get better. The Culbertson Memorial Hospital Wound Care Staff did a fantastic job of treating the ulcer.”
Wound Center Goals:
- Improve patient outcomes
- Improve patient quality of life
- Reduce amputation rates
- Reduce recurrence
- Reduce cost
- Excellent healing rates and very good outcomes for patient population. Both inpatient and outpatient.
- Very high patient satisfaction
- Very high physician satisfaction
- Strong demand for service
- Excellent support and initiative shown by support staff and administration.
- NATIONAL WOUND SYMPOSIUM PRESENTER
- 2013 POSTER PRESENTATION
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer 10.9 weeks
- Venous Ulcer 5.44 weeks
- Pressure Ulcer 7.75 weeks
Wound Clinic operates every Monday and Thursday and is open for nursing visits on Fridays.