Nutrition consultations with the Registered Dietitian(RD) at Culbertson Memorial Hospital require a physician’s referral. During the consultation, patients may receive education and counseling for a variety of conditions including but not limited to the following:
- Celiac Disease and Gluten sensitivity
- Compulsive Overeating
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Food Allergies and Food sensitivities
- Gastrointestinal Disease management such as IBS, IBD, Crohn’s Disease, Diverticulosis or Diverticulitis
- Healthy nutrition for all stages of life from youth to older adults
- Healthy Nutrition for Pre-pregnancy, Pregnancy, and Lactation
- Heart Disease including Congestive Heart Failure and High Cholesterol
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Weight Control (Loss, Gain)
When you choose the help of a registered dietitian you can receive:
- Personally tailored nutrition guidance based on an assessment of your current eating habits, lab work and desired state of health.
- Sound, evidence-based advice and help to establish your own personal nutrition goals and priorities.
- Help in sorting through today’s nutrition misinformation.
- Counseling on how to shop more wisely for groceries, read labels with confidence, make healthy modifications to your favorite recipes, and make healthier choices when eating at restaurants.
- Collaborative support in creating an individualized eating plan containing the proper nutrients to help you reach your health goals
Our Registered Dietitian is available each Wednesday for consultations. To schedule an appointment with our RD please contact Patient Registration at 217-322-4321 ext 5271.